Thread: Life Span
View Single Post
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 268 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
There are cheap reballing or Infrared heating stations from chinese sellers, but even the cheap ones cost likely at least as much as having the phone professionally repaired.

Putting paper on the top to press the sim-card down does not work and the SIM card works fine, so I think the gsm-module has given up. Re-flowing it seems to be only working fix, but that means getting it professionally repaired. The spring trick is not worht a try IMHO.

Also, my last original Nokia battery is bit tired, so I went and bought a third party battery. It performs even worse than the 3 year old Nokia original after daily use. So I think it is time to switch. Xperia 10 is now supported by Jolla and flashing procedure is quite simple, except that I have run into an issue as my l laptop has only USB-3 or -C ports and fastboot refuces to work. None of the workarounds (temporarily disable USB-3 from the chipset or use USB-2 hubs in between the laptot and phone). I need to try to download the latest fastboot toolset and try it instead of distribution's version.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tsippaduida For This Useful Post: