View Single Post
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
People on Fxtec forum seemed to be really upset when Fxtec told that there will be no protective case, at least included to preorder and they have decided to replace it with the sleeve. Personally I was not surprised at all; I'm not a designer of anything but I find it very difficult to imagine such a case on a device like Pro1. Sure, there were otterbox etc for n900, but the design of Pro1 is different in many ways. The hinge mechanism is different and display is tilted when keyboard is out. Also the phone is overalla much thinner and smoother shape, which makes attaching the halves of the case very difficult. At least without screws or glue.

So I felt the whole case thing quite uninteresting. Couldn't even imagine why I'd need domething like that, until today. Today I went to my garage to do some car service/building. I only had some mostly clean jobs to do (mostly wiring under dashboard), but still it felt so wrong having the Pro1 just lying around. With n900 I had no problem with it; even felt fine to do some quick internet searching with greasy rubber gloves on, but couldn't imagine doing the same with the Pro1. At least as the device is this new But a protective case doesn't feel so useless anymore

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post: