View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Right now using an Xperia X with Sailfish X. Had tried a Oneplus X with community port, but radio support in US was iffy. Certain times, certain places it was fine, in others not so much. Hardware-wise, I prefer the Oneplus -- double tap to wake, gestures to turn on flashlight or camera while locked and change media tracks. And the Poetic case looks and feels great! But if your spouse can't understand you when they call, all that doesn't matter.

I've also got a Oneplus One running UBPorts fka Ubuntu Touch. Just don't like the UI like I love Sailfish, so it's a backup. Also Bluetooth doesn't work with car.

And lately -- not technically a phone -- I've been playing around with a Samsung Slate tablet. About original iPad size, it was a cast-off from my wife's office and had been running a version of Windows Pro. I put stock Ubuntu Bionic Beaver (18.04) on it for fun. The virtual keyboard works okayish, but not perfectly. And no cursor keys on VKB! WTF on Linux, right? Also, it's probably a capacitive screen problem that the touchscreen is unreliable while I'm using it on a treadmill. Which of course is one of the primary applications for the device (the other is amusing the children with movies over extended road trips).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: