View Single Post
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
So, moved here from the "Are you Ready?..." thread.
Originally Posted by acrux:
SailfishOS - the suggested installation procedure did not work. Was able to flash TWRP, but that did not start - only until splashscreen and got stuck there. Tried to sideload SailfishOS with Lineage recovery but that did not succeed.
Originally Posted by TheKit View Post
Did you format data partition to remove encryption before installing SailfishOS as in the guide? Which SailfishOS image build did you try?
Without getting TWRP to run i used LineageOS recovery to format/wipe data. I tried the latest build - sailfishos-t5-release-3.2.1.20-devel-20200122.zip.

However - I was able to get TWRP installed using: fastboot erase boot; system; userdata and cache and afterwards installing TWRP as in published instructions.
Then followed the instructions for installing SailfishOS. However - the installed SailfishOS did not boot. Only FxTec logo was shown forever.
No problems to install LineageOS afterwards.
Edit: I have screen photos of the TWRP SailfishOS install process, but nowhere to upload them currently...
Edit2: I'd rename the title of the tread to: SFOS on F(x)tec Proš: stagnation, unresolved issues, fading interest...

Last edited by acrux; 2020-03-24 at 14:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post: