View Single Post
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
You just need to get creative and use bow and arrows or something to get high band wireless data through to your neignbors, without accidently killing their cat.

I hate web 2.0 it is what made older devices so damn slow or like our N900s almost completely useless for wb browsing. I was able to surf websites with my old Palm III over IR and Handspring Visor with an Intel wifi pod(it had its own internal battery) damnit!
Well understood the lack of usability but the damn slow is also your advantage:
One wrong click slip of the mouse can still be corrected before the evil script is executed.
Web 2.0 will not last.
Please don't hesitate or stop complaining to help-desks about their monthly changing layouts.

-why your website is hosted on a server on the other side of the ocean can't you find & support local hosting services?
-why you changed the layout to less efficient and childish last week, I waste my time trying to find my way over and over
-why a professional service website has to depend on Google Analytics / other metrics?
-how much money is leaking monthly to a web development team implements changes "improvements & optimizations" only to prove their money's worth?
-Please decide on what works, then hands off the interface, minimize scripts & 3rd party links and focus on optimizing security.

Cost saving is in knowing when to stop your "web development" before it turns in non nonsensical scripting and bloating ...

Sorry for web developers around here, but this is my opinion as a frustrated user of online shops, bank, shipping, trading web sites from non-Chrome browser with a couple of the common security filters enabled.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post: