Thread: 3.3.0.x Rokua
View Single Post
Posts: 300 | Thanked: 962 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by gaelic View Post
For now I've switched to Lineage:

-> Browser is unusable
-> no Videochat with Riot possible (or no native Riot Client, or secure Jabber or Signal Client)
-> battery consumption (Xperia 10)

Still I'm missing the OS in general. Gestures are way nicer implemented than with Android. Card/Caldav OOTB is also a very fine thing.

Maybe sometime in the future again.
I wouldn't say the browser is unusable. Moreover, why can't you install Firefox Focus via Android support? I did, and it works as well as it did on stock Android - both X and XA2 Ultra.

I can't speak to Riot clients, but there is an Android app. I've never used Jabber, so I don't know. aebruno's Whisperfish client still works, I registered my XA2 Ultra on it yesterday, so that's a native Signal client. The Android Signal app also works.

As far as battery consumption, both my X and XA2 show markedly better battery consumption over Android. I know the Xperia 10 has a smaller battery than what people are used to, so maybe that's a contributor.

The Android support is there specifically to address most of your concerns: a stopgap to provide apps where native solutions aren't available, to reach a wider audience.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deprecated For This Useful Post: