View Single Post
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
[...]
But doing this on a proven stable modded system is risky [...]
No, not really, because no content of the root and home filesystems is altered, hence the SFOS installation proper stays untouched.

If there is not sufficient free space on the home filesystem to shrink it to the desired size in step 3.3.2.a.2 / 3.3.2.b.3 (as rendered at TJC; 3.3.2.a.9 / 3.3.2.b.10 as rendered at GitLab.com), this command will fail with an appropriate error message and no shrinking is carried out.
One just should not blindly keep executing the subsequent steps, then.

P.S.:
I just did not denote that section 3.3.2 works just as well on any other SFOS device, which uses LVM, plus old SFOS installations, because that opens up a lot of corner cases and failure modes (e.g., the one discussed above), I did not want to research and document.

P.P.S. / edit:
I forgot that the Jolla C = Intex Aquafish = Inoi R7 (= Jala Accione?) has only 16 GiB of eMMC (FLASH memory; the provided values were calculated for 32 and 64 GiB FLASH, as mentioned), so better check beforehand by calculation, that shrinking the home filesystem to 10 GiB frees at least as much space (rather a couple of 10 or 100 MB more) on the home LVM volume as you want to add to the root LVM volume. If not, you will have to shrink the home filesystem to less than 10 GiB (how much depends on the LVM space you want to re-designate).
See, a lot of special cases to consider, when broadening the scope beyond fresh SFOS installations on Xperias.

Last edited by olf; 2020-10-09 at 00:01. Reason: Denoted special case of 16 GB devices

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: