View Single Post
Posts: 1,704 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
So the sid upgrade took about 8 hours. It was interesting that when the upgrade got finished it wiped away from xterm all what had happened and left just like 20 last lines which stated errors. But the device stayed on.

But xterm didn't work anymore and crashes after launch, wifi did not work and said no connections, HAM opened with missing icons and blacked out catalog page, vim, htop, pdf reader and user guide crashed at launch.

But - calendar, calculator and clock worked, so did the top bar menu and application menus. In settings also when you opened a like display settings all looked good.

After shutting down the device it didn't boot up to desktop anymore even though it ran untill that.

What we learn from this: it was just waste of time unless someone is as curious as me. I thought that it would break much more.

If someone has got firefox running on Leste I am interested how. I am also interested why everything is set up so that you can sudo everywhere without any passwords or anything.

Also interested about the Qtbrowser because I found it unusable as well as the surf browser yet they are in the HAM but chromium which seems usable isn't.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: