View Single Post
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post
I like Talefish and it's directory based approach, but I feel the complexity or the ambition behind the project is killing it.

The Slumber companion doesn't work on Xperia X and Xperia 10 III. Sailfish 4.5. It only succeeds at stopping itsself.

Talefish lacks features that make audiobook players attractive:
-the M4A book chapter recognition features that the Android / Apple alternatives offer.
-the possibility for bookmarks and notes

Using it as it is but the lack of sleep timer is tough in my user scenario. Anyway many thanks for your effort to bring decent essential software to this platform.
Hi,
I previously replied to your slumber problems in the Talefish thread, but have now moved it here:

Sadly, the jolla store restrictions since Sailjail prevent most advanced options in slumber from working, so I concentrated on openrepos in the past.

But I am now also in the process of releasing to chum where you can find the newest release. There's still a bug preventing translations to be included but the bugfix is already on it's way to be released (thanks again to eson for filing a bug report for that yesterday, I forgot to submit the bugfix release to "non testing" chum – oops.)

The version on openrepos is a bit older right now but should also work better than that from jolla store. I am going to update that as well when the changes for chum are really done.

Another quick option would be to manually install the current rpm from the automatic builds on github (I suggest openrepos or chum though to get further updates): https://github.com/jgibbon/slumber/releases

cheers,
velox
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to velox For This Useful Post: