View Single Post
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
We wouldn't need this site if all Maemo software was in the Maemo repository backed up by a bunch of mirrors. I can remember there were some efforts By Nokia for doing this some time ago. I wonder if this will ever happen.
This is not the issue (actually, Extras is mirrored by akamai). The issue is getting developers to use Extras. X-Fade has been putting a lot of work into ironing out the various complaints that have led developers into putting together their own individual repositories, so things are definitely looking up, though.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The Gronmayer site did what it was obvious that Nokia or Maemo should have been doing all along. Here's hoping it returns.
What, provide a list of repositories? We've had that for a long while on the maemo.org wiki (I still miss the giant Application Catalog wiki page that you'd check every few days to see if some developer had slipped in a brand new application complete with screenshots in the middle of the page ). The real issue is getting developers to use the maemo repositories (Extras and Extras-devel) so we wont even need to think about more than two.

Last edited by GeneralAntilles; 2008-05-18 at 11:14.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post: