View Single Post
Ideally, pressing anywhere on the icon on the left would start it playing. I understand that would be very confusing with the current scrolling mechanism. She seems to be doing ok with the current scrolling setup because even when she overshoots, she can get back to where she wants.

To be honest, neither of us are sure what she's doing that keeps causing the OSD to come up. I "suspect" it's her habit of wanting to skip parts she's seen already or is tired of watching again, and then hitting things wrong.

For the keys, the keys on the top of the unit (Volume, Power, and Full Screen) should stay enabled. The ones on the front of the unit should be configurable to be off or not, with the default being off. For most folks that's probably no big deal, but the number of times I've handed her the unit and hit the button myself as I do so, or vice versa, convinces me that's a BIG problem for handicapped folks in general, and probably an issue with kids if other folks "hand down" their N800 when they upgrade.

Even the current version is much better than the default player, and my daughter and I are both quite appreciative of the work so far! We do look forward to your next version though!

The Following User Says Thank You to EwanG For This Useful Post: