View Single Post
Posts: 480 | Thanked: 378 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Chicago-ish
It appears that what I originally drafted for the sticky threads would be better suited as the descriptions that show up on the main page. So, here's what I came up with... Feedback welcome (I think everything under the "Software" category could be tightened up a bit)

Originally Posted by Main page
Talk
General -- Anything pertaining to all tablets, independent of OS version, or application.
Newbie -- Any questions that seem to be easy to solve, but that a beginner can not solve.
(Pre-purchase -- All questions regarding the device, while you don't actually own one yet.)
maemo.org -- All discussion related to content on maemo.org, including the wiki.maemo.org, talk.maemo.org, bugs.maemo.org, and garage.maemo.org
Off Topic -- Anything that isn't related to the Internet Tablets. An "other" of sorts.

Software
Applications -- Each application should have a thread in this forum. Please use the search function to look for an application's thread, before creating a new thread. If you are not the author of an application, but notice that an application does not have a thread, please make note of this when creating the thread.
Multimedia -- All media applications. Media can be defined as audio, video and pictures. Any application that pertains to audio, video, or pictures should have a thread in this forum. Again, if you do not find a thread for a multimedia application, create one noting that you are not the author.
Games -- All games for the tablets should have a thread here. The rules for this forum are the same as that of the Multimedia and Applications forums.

OS / Platform
Maemo 5 / Fremantle -- All discussion of the future release of the Maemo 5 platform, including the alpha/beta SDK (and possible hardware), should go here.
OS2008 / Maemo 4 / Chinook - Diablo -- All discussion of OS2008 for the N800 and N810, or OS2008HE for the Nokia 770 should go here. This forum pertains to OS software versions (version list).
OS 2006 / Maemo 2 / Mistral - Scirocco - Greagle -- All discussion of OS2006 for the Nokia 770 should go here. This forum pertains to software versions (version list here)
Developers -- All discussion of application development should go here. This includes general SDK questions, along with any questions pertaining to the development of an application for the maemo platform.
Alternatives -- All discussion of alternative operating systems for the internet tablets should go here. This includes Mer, Debian, Android, Palm (GarnetVM), and alternative window managers such as KDE.

Devices
Nokia N810 -- Any hardware-specific discussion/questions about the N810 should go here.
Nokia N800 -- Any hardware-specific discussion/questions about the N800 should go here.
Nokia 770 -- Any hardware-specific discussion/questions about the Nokia 770 should go here.
Accessories -- Any discussion of accessories, including bluetooth GPS, bluetooth keyboards, batteries, chargers, cables, etc. should go here.
Competitors -- Any discussion of potential internet tablet competitors should go here.
Buy & Sell -- This forum is reserved for setting up a sale of hardware between members of the Internet Tablet Talk/talk.maemo.org community.

Old
All -- This forum should be considered closed for archive purposes. No new posts should be made in this forum.
Any forum under the "Old" category would have the same description.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrueJournals For This Useful Post: