View Single Post
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
geneven: The "can't write a novel" argument is based on the alleged impossibility of touch-typing on a small keyboard, and the assumption that touch-typing is essential to novel-writing, not (AFAIK) on performance issues. I don't really consider either of these valid, but I can't touch-type or write a novel (with or without a netbook), so how would I know....

Ensuring that your computer is inside the house, and is cooled by circulating room air through it, rather than, say, ducted to a wall, is sufficient to heat your house with it. Using a heat engine to recover some of it as useful work is a little harder.
Thanks.

(a) I touch-type on my netbook every day. It boggles my mind that anyone here is ignorant enough about netbooks to think that this is impossible.

(b) Someone actually claims to touch-type on their N810, btw -- it's in one of the threads!

(c) Someone once claimed to have written a novel with texting only, on a mobile phone. This was in the main stream media.

My netbook runs way too cool to be of any help in heating my house. It's not warm to the touch. I can sit it on my bed for 24 hours without it overheating.

My Dell Latitude D800 on the other hand, would be very useful as a housewarmer, and might double as an egg-cooker. It's about the size of a netbook but cost about four times as much (because I got a really good deal, in Moscow).