View Single Post
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by mikkov View Post
Isn't $MYDOCSDIR (usually '/home/user/MyDocs') the preferred location save thing in Maemo. Hopefully default subdirectories there are documented somewhere.

I have understood that in Fremantle $MYDOCSDIR is by default symlinked or directly located in internal mmc.
I'm unsure (and, in all honesty, quite confused) on how Fremantle is structuring its directories. When QGil changed it to /home/user/MyDocs/, he reported that Transmission was still giving a "Permission denied" error message. But when I set it to default to ~, QGil says that downloads work. So I'm unsure about using MyDocs.

osso-af-startup says:
export INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOINT='/home/user/MyDocs'
export INTERNAL_MMC_SWAP_LOCATION=$INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOIN T
export OSSO_SWAP=$INTERNAL_MMC_MOUNTPOINT
--

-maemo3 uploaded. The menus are still using the old style (at least until I figure out a sane way to convert a program using GtkUIManager to one using a AppMenu...) but it defaults to /home/user/ for the default location to automatically load torrents (if a better choice can be given, then, please, let me know ); and it should be able to open torrents from the browser and file manager now. Other stuff done is minor

Last edited by qwerty12; 2009-08-18 at 11:31.