View Single Post
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Many thanks for creating this thread!

I got it fully functional yesterday.

Your lower resolution display setting isn't supported on my computer so I have to go all the way down to 640x480. Oh well. Is there any other Windows program that might feature an 800x480 for a display option?

Anyway, I was wondering what some of you guys are using this for? I have no imagination on what to do with this besides running my UptoDate program.
The closest resolution I can get is 720x480... I'm sure it varies by graphics card.

I was out and about last week when I noticed <movie that is totally public domain> was now out on dvd. I had totally forgotten about this movie, so I wanted to make sure that it didn't slip my mind before I got home.

So, I busted out my N810, which has a constant data stream (slow-as-sh*t as it may be) from my Boost Mobile phone, and proceded to establish an ssh tunnel with my pc (with compression enabled, b/c it was over DUN) and log in with VNC viewer.

I then ran firefox, opened <torrent site>, and proceded to download <movie that is surely public domain> with <torrent downloading program>.

And, sure enough, by the time I got home, I had my copy of <public domain movie> waiting for me on my HDD.

I did all that with my N810 inside of a Target.

[Granted, it takes a lot of patience operating over a 19.9kbps connection... but it's better than nothing!]

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post: