View Single Post
You mean like the Aug 27th one:
http://www.nokia.com/press/press-rel...newsid=1337594

LOL, as I stated before -- NW09 they had all the peoples eyes they could want wanting and craving information. When they announced it they made a splash across a lot of sites. You want to make an announcement when you have people looking at you. Putting a Press release out sometime between now and Maemo Summit is pretty stupid when they could have put it out during NW09 and had a huge majority of the blogs parrot the info, giving it wide spread wings.

Think about it -- prior to NW09 we suspected TMO would have the device. If they said yes TMO will have the device starting Dec 1st, that would make people think twice about picking up a competitors device because that information would be spread across the NA sites and people would know "it is coming to TMO, soon". Right now, only some sites have mentioned you can order it from Nokia, and no one has a clue who will carry it (or even if a vendor will carry it), This is supposedly the Nokia Flagship device.

Apple, RIM, Palm all seem to realize that you give press material at press conferences along with the demo -- you want as much "sales" material and "desire" as you can get out out, so that people want it. I assume Nokia understands how it works.

Putting out a press release between now & Maemo Summit is rather pointless. Sure we here at maemo.org would pick it up right away; but the general public probably won't see it.

So no, I would not say I jumped the gun. I think the the answer is > 6 months, and I am hoping that I am wrong.

Nathan.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nathan For This Useful Post: