Thread: Angry Canadian
View Single Post
Posts: 45 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Montreal, Canada
I'm on FIDO (I'm in Montreal) but I simply don't use data. I'm on Pay-as-you-go, and actually, on average, I get away with LESS than $10 a month*. But yes, I use the phone very sparingly; rarely enough that even at $10/mo, $0.30/min I am still accumulating airtime.

Data on prepaid is highway robbery here. $0.05/kB; they don't even show that rate anywhere. On postpaid plans, the (no-data-plan) data rate is $0.03/kB, which is still extortion.

I hope Wind will have reasonable roaming agreements in La Belle Province, because I don't trust Quebecor to have reasonable plans. Right now, they resell Rogers GSM service, but it's not cost-effective unless you also sign your entire life over to them (Cable TV, internet, home phone). So I think they will use their own network simply as a tool to rope you into their other services.

Joe.
* due to THEIR accounting problems. They can't get automatic refill to work for me; so every few months I call them up, they try to set it up again, and extend my current balance by 2 or 3 months. So I only pay $10 9 or 10 months a year.