View Single Post
Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
What's the A for?
"A" was used as an "up" pointer... Since this is a simple, single HTML page you are kind of limited by what elements you can use and keyboard characters come in handy. If it was a site, or better yet a zipped web archive like Nokia's WRT's, it would be easy to use images linked to the page.

You can still do it on your own machine, I have locally stored HTML that is linked to other HTML in directories that go far and wide on my N810.

I use it, among other things, to pull up any of 90 plus traffic web cams in pages formatted for the device that also have links to cameras back and forth, in sequential order. Links that jump to other directoriesare also there. Instead of keyboard characters. I use transparent image maps so all I have to do is touch the camera image up, down, left, or right to navigate to other cameras or directories.

However stuff like that, or even a single directory web archive are hard to package and provide support for. All a user has to do is misplace a single directory and they could end up with a bunch of broken links and a poor attitude toward the developer.

Some simple examples I posted a while ago that went over like a lead balloon can be found >> HERE <<

I still think locally stored HTML and Flash is a strong point of these devices.

Last edited by YoDude; 2009-10-29 at 02:53. Reason: Broken link