View Single Post
Originally Posted by RvanGogh View Post
Hi Tintin,

Yes, I bought a SmartQ7 because it was cheap (I'm wating for the Apple Tablet if ever or the eDge Dualscreen), and has a decent screen-size. I use it with a BT Apple Keyboard for writing articles (along my N810 wich I use for lyrical work) using a stable version of Abiword.

a) build quality is good, though plastic it doesn't feel that cheap
b) it runs well - I managed to do some firmwhere-updates and installe some programs. Actually, on discussion boards I read somewhere that it is the best so far - better then WinCE, Android or Mer.
c) no experience. Rumor has it that a descent android version for the SmartQ7 will arive soon (on the smartq5 it's there already but it gives a battery-life-drop)
d) I think you shouldn't buy it for that (no flash) - read the discussions
e) batterylife is very good, you can savely work a day on it without being afraid it will stop

I would recommend it because it is cheap, you can read excellent on it (with evince and fbreader), and if you have experience with the command-line structure of Linux/Ubuntu you can modify it aroudn (I can't ;-). I bought it as a inbetween-device and I'm very satisfied with it.
Thanks, great to get some first-hand replies.
With the battery lasting that long it's a rather tempting 'netbook alternative' with a bluetooth keyboard.

If you don't mind some follow-up questions:

a) how is the wifi? does it drop a lot? good strength?

b) can you use it for Skype calls?

c) i believe it has external speakers, if so how would you rate them compared to the N810, etc?

d) Are you still running the pre-installed Linux version or did you install 'regular' Ubuntu?

e) Is the screen bright? compared to say the NIT screens?

Thanks a LOT.