View Single Post
Posts: 311 | Thanked: 180 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ London
What I was thinking of was a widget-style app with two text fields, a button ("Go!") and a display area to show the route (in text form?), plus another button to bring up a high-resolution tube map if required.
Thats sounds like a good idea, but how about a quick information panel which pops up underneath the textfields after having entered the information requested, showing you distance, # of Changes and the price for one ticket? In the bottom left you would then have the button to open the map you were talking about.

Im sure we can take this further...

The closures problem may be a bit more tricky. I was thinking of subscribing to the TfL closures email and parsing it, then putting a machine-readable version on a server somewhere. The app would then download this list of closures and implement it in its routing scheme.
Great idea!

Right now the app is not optimised at all, but if the demand is there I am willing to streamline the code as much as I can, which may not be much, and make the code for the "engine" publicly available ASAP.
Im sure theres demand! I would love such a widget to ease my tube travels I dont know anything about coding, but if someone else could help you out?....

Last edited by Haus3r; 2009-12-30 at 16:01.