View Single Post
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by taborclayton View Post
'Allo mates!
Oh, wait. Phoney cockney accent day was yesterday... Enough of that.
I'll return to my Coloradan lack-of-accent now.

Yarrr!
NO! Get back Cap'n Crunch! BACK!

Anyway.... I've been filled with gadget-lust for the 770 for almost a year now, and I've finally bought one. Actually, I've finally found a good enough excuse to buy one.

This coming summer I'll be working at a summer camp, but I'll need to keep in touch with my friends. I would bring my PowerBook.... But it's at a summer camp. A bunch of screaming kids and a high value laptop do not mix well.

I'm pretty confident in the purchase, as from everything I've read, the 770 is a fairly rugged device (at least moreso than a PowerBook). However, I do have some questions.

1) Will using it for 2-3 months without ever syncing it to a regular computer cause problems?
2) How rugged is it, actually? I'm most concerned about dust and grime getting into the cracks. When it's not in use, it'll hide in my bag, but a fair amount of crap will still get in there.

I think that sums it up....

~Tabor

Hey dude.

Good questions. I just got back from Kuwait with mine. It is a nice piece of kit (wee bit o' British for you as well). Make sure you have some sort of dust proof protection for it. I have the N800, but the N770 is similar enough. Get some screen protectors. I use the ones from Boxwave (www.boxwave.com) and fashioned a protective hard screen cover out of an old DVD case. I cut it to fit the screen and it protects it from hard knocks for the most part. You can of course get a hard case for it. All in all, I would suggest you get an extra battery as well.

Hopes this helps.

Cheers mate.