View Single Post
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by nate the great View Post
Good choice. I personally would be afraid that the n800 would not survive the summer.

1. The 770 doesn't really "sync" with a computer like a PDA. Yes, it can be plugged into the USB port, but all that does is let the PC copy data to and from the RS-MMC card in the 770. Also, anything you install on the 770 is put in flash, not RAM. You don't have to worry about a software reset (Hardware death is another matter). If you are really concerned about data loss, take the USB cable with you. Plug the 770 into any computer available. Device drivers are completely unnecessary.

2. You should be okay so long as you use the cover and little bag that comes with the 770. And of course follow the usual rules about liquids, etc.

Hey nate,

I hear your concerns but the N800 survived quite well in Kuwait. If you see my avatar, you will see that I am not located in the city but out a bit. If you have Google Earth, look up Arifjan and it should give you an idea where I was using the N800. The main thing is the screen. If you get a good protector and apply it properly, you should be okay. I do also use canned air to gently clean and de-dust my N800. All in all it is in good shape.