View Single Post
Ok, I've been waiting for today for way too long now. Is today the day of the next update?

For what has been told in these forums, today Nokia people take their holidays so if they don't release the firmware today they aren't going to do so till the middle of august.

Today is the last day of the first semester, and Nokia said they would release the firmware during the first semester. But I can see they telling us the job toke them more than what they pretended because the changes were bigger.

On the other hand it would make no sense for Textrat to laught about us for so long if they weren't going to release the firmware today.

Ok. My idea in this treat is to sumarize everything that has been asked for for the next firmware, so we can then check what has been made and what hasn't.

Hope nobody uses this thread to opine about the things that has been asked, neither to argument about who lies and who don't. Let's try it becomes simply a list, please.

1. Flash 9
2. Skype
3. Skype Video
4. Java
5. Ajax
6. Opera 9.
7. Open Source Browser
8. PIM
9. Phone PIM controler using bluetooth.
10. Phone SIM capable.
11. Phone bluetooth speakers emulator.
12. A2DP sender.
13. SMB, SSH, MC,... integrated into the firmware (installed from scratch).
14. Some open source outhouse project such CANOLA integrated into the main firmware.
15. Mplayer as the Video Player.
16. Touchable Interface for Audio-video (that is: without having to use the stylus).
17. Touchable interface for File Management.
18. Touchable interface for the rest of aplications.
19. Cool efects at the windows managements level.
20. Video Player with lots of other codecs.
21. Sirius Radio.
22. Youtube mobile.
23. 3gp video capable.
24. landscape-portrait habilities.

Edited...
25. Hability to connect to Myth or other TV-streamers.
26. An standard and integrated SIP client.
27. OpenGL
28. Dramatically improved power management.
29. SDHC support.
30. Better hand writting recognition.

Oops. And a fridge, a toaster and DVD player.

Ok, you continue.

Last edited by eduardp; 2007-06-29 at 09:51. Reason: Adding things