View Single Post
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Florida
Long Time Nokia Tablet User, started with Nokia 770 and now running N800. I've used every OS and love that Debian applications are now ported and installable. I started a Blog and am comparing 8 different browsers, but have 11 installed.

Why I keep N800.

1. Boot from SD, install Easy Debian, and try out new applications. Want to try a Class 10 SD card and compare to my class 6 cards. Where will I see the performance boost?
Class 6 = 6mbs/ min vs Class 10
Faster boot, quicker load times on Debian applications? How much faster.

2. Quest for Fastest Browser. Debian Midori vs Maemo Midori? they are within 10% of each other on Sunspider benchmark

Midori v0.1.4 (Meamo port) 68232ms
Midori v0.1.8 (Debian port) 77018ms

3. Where I want my N800 to be at? Internal 16GB Class 10 SD, for boot, with Easy Debian.

4. Looks like N8x0 will live for a while longer especially when Firefox Mobile gets Flash running correctly. Sunsider score

Fennec 35243ms, wow!

5. Google Voice + Gizmo5 = FREE calls, I have over 2 hours calling companies. Don't have a house POTS line, and limited cell phone minutes, N800 and 770 have saved me plenty of money. Try 1-800-GOOG411 with Skype also.

This forum has a great list of applications and will keep NIT users happy, so contribute, post, and enjoy

http://tabletuser.blogspot.com/