View Single Post
Posts: 52 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ New Zealand
Hi guys

I wonder if you can help me as it seems I have a very similar problem. This has nothing to do with the last firmware update as about 7 hours before I got pr1.2 this issue started and has persisted into the new update. I was on a call and it dropped it. I looked at the phone and it had the “no simcard” symbol up. The weird thing was it then powered down and would not start up again unless I put it on charge. Odd as the battery was completely full. Anyway it had me beat. Today though I think I am closer to the problem. I noticed the no simcard symbol come up while just mucking about with my desktops and so switched it manually from 3g to gsm. Bang up comes the symbol and off goes the N900. Same thing required to get it going again. I put it back on 3G and it is good as gold. I have tried 2 other simcards and mine in other phones in all modes and they are fine and when in my phone give the same result. Any ideas? Send it back time? The problem is I am in NZ and so am probably not covered by warranty. Luckily the shop I got it from has a year’s return to base warranty. Thanks in advance

P.S I have had a really good look around here and the net and can't seem to find the same issue

P.P.S And now it shuts down if I try and establish a 3G data connection. I did a fresh reflash yesterday by the way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------