View Single Post
Myself working for a large Electronic Hardware manufactuer who are moving more and more into Software, services and solutions and from Press releases I understood Nokia were looking at software, services and solutions as future ways of making money I'm surprised this has not be asked or tried before?

If a company comes to us and wants what we call a customisation as long as it meets certain creteria which is in some way benficial to us the maker's of the device (ie we are paid covering costs and some profit, good for longterm business etc) and its technically possible then it gets done.

Im sure Nokia would be the same as long as they have a business case which shows its benifcial to Nokia.

As devices get more advanced and the phone contracts in countries get longer plus as devices even a few years old have value in the 2nd hand or pass on to friend or family market. Surely a happy medium has to be created? The resale/longterm value for selling or passing on is goign to get more important as devices get more complex and possibly expensive surely?

As others say happy to pay for extra major features which may have not been thought of when the device designed I would pay for. But fixes no the companies should have a moral duty to provide those foc.