View Single Post
Sounded lika great app, installed it but I have a few issues, don't mean to whine...Maybe its just my expectations, but I don't want a sticky note on my desktop all the time, only when I have something that I should really, really remember. Thats how I normally use sticky notes (ie the paper ones).

So I have three issues:
  • To start the app from the icon is quite slow, 10 secs or so, any chance to improve that or is this just Maemo?
  • Also, after starting the program (with other apps open in the background), it jumps to the app switcher, then I have to switch back to desktop, and then delete the "your Notes here!" text - whereas what I'd like to do is to start writing my Note directly, like just clicking the icon and type.
  • There is no way (I've found) to determine any defaults- where the first sticky note pops up and what color it should be. Now it lands on top of my calendar in not so transparent black...

All-in-all, it is involving several steps and relatively time consuming to make a little note. Any chance that you could and would work your magic to improve any of these issues?

The ability to have notes pop up after or at a certain time (as suggested earlier in this thread) would be super. I would also much appreciate a safety step so deleting a note becomes more error-proof, now its just one accidental click away.

But GPS integration...errrm...GPS needs a line of sight to the satellite so it wouldn't work in a shopping mall, only when you drive by. And then you would need to define an area for each geo-tagged note, I guess. Sorry, but this sounds a little bit like bloatware without much practical use, at least for me. Please keep an option to stay with a no-frills small app "Sticky notes plain" if you're serious with developing this.

Last edited by Dirty Harry; 2010-06-29 at 10:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dirty Harry For This Useful Post: