View Single Post
Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
My workmate who sits next to me got one. (in Australia)
Been playing with it. My 2cents:

- Really vibrant and very nice size screen. Wacthing videos is justs so much better on it than my N900. The 0.5" size is huge.

- It plays 720P videos downloaded off the net perfectly. 1280x720 resolution MKV files with H264 and AC3 plays butter smooth. Same with 720P xvid videos with AC3. Haven't tried ones with DTS yet. Also, the videos are crystal clear. Has option of stretch to screen or keep ratio. So as a video player on the go, it can't be beat nearly.

- Games play with amazing framerate. Man, wish N900 had some decent proper 3D games. I guess we'll never get them. Well, maybe 1 or 2. Whoopee.

- Supports so many input languages out of the box. Nearly all european and asian languages. Even handwriting recognition for Korean out of the box. Awesome. Nokia needs to learn from this.

Anyways. It's a great Android device. Probably the best one out there currently. In terms of hardware, it is the best.
This makes me itchy to find out what we'll get to see end of this year and next year. Bring on the super phones!

btw, seen the HTC HD3 specs? 1280x800 4.5" display! wow.
Where is Nokia's super duper amazing next-gen phone?!?! Nokia needs to step up.