View Single Post
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Congratulations to everybody!

I have voted neither for Queen BeeCon Widget nor for Sticky Notes as I don't like to obstruct the beautiful wallpaper.
I couldn't vote for MyContacts because I don't use N900 as a cellular phone. And I wouldn't have so many contacts that I would need grouping them, in any case.

Feeding It has a good name and humorous icon, but I don't use RSS. At all.
K9 Call is a good idea, but, unfortunately, I don't use my N900 as a cellular phone. And again, I wouldn't like to obstruct beautiful panoramic wallpaper.

Maenotify was my choice. The most useful part of it (for me) is showing battery percentage. For those who have missed calls it's even more attractive.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could somebody say to me whether this idea or anything similar is implemented anywhere?

Panoramic wallpaper (just like now, scrolling left - right) with nothing on it. Without status bar in the top left corner, that's the difference.

When you try to see above wallpaper, you find status bar as wide as the screen itself (shows all the icons at once: launcher, switcher, battery, volume, time, profile, Internet, Bluetooth, GPS (even if GPS is disabled): no need for menu; click on any of them, and it will either open normal window for it (like clock and alarms) or take up all the status bar (like volume slider), showing the arrow 'back' to return to the status bar).

When you try to see below wallpaper, you see quick launch: collection of small icons for launching favourite applications.

Both status bar and quick launch should be accessible in the same way from any open application, but it's too much to ask, I'm afraid.