Thread: meago
View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by James_Littler View Post
Though I fully condone using the search facility before posting, and spelling things, that are in-front of you, correctly, It's pretty obvious this guy is of another native tongue, and I'm pretty confident he speaks much better English than you speak German/Italian/Arabic etc so cut the guy some slack yea?! (If you are capable of fluently speaking more than 1 language then I commend you).

In most languages nouns have a sex, ein hose, eine rock etc, I believe English used to be like this too, many hundreds of years ago. So there is genuine method to calling Meago (lol) a he, as it would probably be a masculine word in the OP's native tongue.

Fair enough it may not be obvious, but don't jump down the guys throat over his fairly good attempt at English, it may discourage him next time.

I speak 4 languages. And english is my third language. But I do apologise if it sounded like I was attacking his language skills.

But I will not apologise for the other comment. This is a forum for Tablet enthusiasts. There is a certain constraint that its members should have - including not spamming the forums with advertisements, unfriendly comments and just plain trolling.
What this member, and other new members need to learn is how to make effective use of the help others can give. Asking questions which themselves dont know what answer they need is not helpful. I consider it spam.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to afaq For This Useful Post: