View Single Post
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
As there are maybe already a bit too many of the route buttons I am more thinking about integrating last/next turn switches into the directions frame, like this:
Sounds like a plan.

Were you possibly using map scaling ?
Nope, I've never quite understood the scaling options, so I've never changed them. I'm actually quite unclear on why I'd want one vs the other.

Definitely something broken in the drawing pipeline, most probably due to processing more tiles than usual due to the speed.
The 30 second thing would fit in place with what I saw. I also had an issue near the end of the trip where it was on/routing for 4+ hours where it complained about "Operation canceled due to lack of memory". I "fixed" that by closing and restarting the app though, as I was semi-lost at the time.

Please consider logging this behavior next time it occurs
I will... how big are the logs it generates with normal usage? If they're small I may just turn it on and let it log everything, then chop out the parts I need later for issues. (I need an on-screen debug widget/button! )

Its currently set to fit inside the box, which isn't ideal the reasons you describe. I see two possible ways how to improve this:
I always like option 3: User setting to choose which one.

Looks interesting, ... But it might be quite complicated to properly package for the autobuilder.
There was mention in the article about another project for N900 using it. You may be able to get hints on it from that package maintainer? If you're not hitting a wall yet though, no big reason to pull it in right away. If on-device tiling causes contention later though, this may be helpful.

BTW, this is how dragging the map with a long road displayed looks like:
Wow.. nice map. What profiler are you using to generate that? Is it just for python? I code mainly in C/C#/C++, so not too familiar with python and it's tool set. Nice look to it though.

Um, I haven't added the additional announcement triggers yet
Hmm... Odd. It's been much better about warning 3 to 4 miles out since the update to 19. Maybe it works better on trips with longer distances between points? Is the length of the segment used at all to compute how early to trigger?

Overall, sounds like you've got plenty on the plate to work with. I'll happily test things out with new releases as they come out! I'm also hopeful to getting things setup (build env, etc) this weekend to start porting the tile server. I probably won't have a release before Monday, but if things go smoothly... we'll see.

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post: