View Single Post
Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Yep, I'm sure about that. Saying something isn't optimized doesn't equate to inferior by any stretch of your imagination. If it's not optimized today, it can be tomorrow.
Even if we forego these blanket statements you provided no basis for, now somehow 'M isn't optimized and A has seen more work' does not imply M is inferior to A... Well, if that doesn't mean M is inferior it can only mean A is so hopeless that even though it's being heavily worked on, it cannot rise above unoptimized status. Dunno, must be my English.

I'm not the person with Nokia glasses on. In fact, stating that I, of all people, have Nokia glasses on is amazingly hysterical. Having dual cores and being threaded all the way down to all of your processes are two different things. Can't wait to see that level of optimization in all areas on any of these mobile OS's.
Well, good news ! Meego and Qt already do that.

And by "final" I meant released in a product that folks can go out and buy. I don't mean the WeTab - it's not out in any other region(s) than Germany and Belgium (or is that Holland).
Then I can say - that final version will never-ever be released, except for maybe low-q knockoffs. Every vendor will do their optimizations. That's why you can't say 'ready'. MeeGo 1.1 might not have functionality/service X, or might sluggish because of driver Y, but that does not mean products based on it don't have that sorted out (just like you count the services Google provides towards Android features even though they are not part of the core OS features).

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post: