View Single Post
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
OK, I too want a new phone, and I want one that major companies are supporting by bringing out compatable apps for rather than endlessly seeing iphone/android/rim based apps..
But

The other week, I was out and about testing our wireless system, and i used my phone to take a packet capture, then I zipped it up, attched it to an email and then sent it to my desktop.

Tell me a phone you can do that with - I fell in love with my n900 all over again - yes this phone doesn't have major support, yes, Nokia have broken alot of promises, but it doesn't stop it being one of the most powerful, configurable phones on the market today, and that is for a phone that is 1yr old.

I do want a new phone, but because the n900 is so good, I can wait and see, rather than being in a position where I have to get something now as the phone is driving me up the wall..

Don't forget that there is still a great enthusiast community behind this phone that are still producing some amazing apps, so there is life in the n900 yet...

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post: