View Single Post
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
I've been a Nokia follower for over 10 years.

During the candyphone era, their phones were always known to have the best UI and the best build quality. Their usability has been top notch, coupled with the industrial/rugged look. I owned a couple of those.

Later on they evolve to do more fashionable phones, with crazy and colorful designs... which I stayed away from, but I thought it's good for the company to take advantage of all these business opportunities (teenage texting was booming). I bought one of their basic phone from that era.

I never got into featurephones... I jumpedship to 'smartphones' rather early to Palm Treo lines (starting with the 600). I've always lamented why Nokia never released a proper smartphone with qwerty + touchscreen like Palm did. I thought that was a great form factor.

When I heard of the NIT project, I ordered an n770 right away... I was hoping Nokia would get on the 'smartphone/tablet' train and do it right... only to be disappointed by its overall interface and usability. I mean, I've gone through most of these (open *nix pocketables) with the sharp zauri already... I have no need to fund a giant's FOSS experiment again... but I thought "Nokia should be able to smoothen all the rough edges. They know how to. They'll know what's wrong."

Boy was I wrong.

Do I trust Nokia now?
I base my trust on what Nokia has given me, not by what it's promising the world through Elop.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post: