View Single Post
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
It does look a little too big, and I was holding out hope that 8.9 was the magic number. 7 just seems a little small.

I am thinking I might just buy jackets and cargos that have wide enough pockets, and deal with it just for the extra screen real-estate.
I agree, though if Samsung got rid of the bezel to the same degree as smartphones, an 8.9" tablet could be very similarly sized to a 7" tablet -- perhaps a touch wider.

As you may be aware Samsung *is* going to be announcing an 8.9" Tab to complement its upcoming 3-strong line of tablets. Actually, this news bodes particularly well for the probability that the 7" Galaxy Tab to officially get Android 3.0, as it looks as if they are not going to be replacing the 7" model. This ensures that the UX will be the same across all three devices, which is important as a user may chose a different size, only to be disappointed in not getting what was expected.

I sincerely hope that the Tab gets 3.0. Due to the resolution of the display, and the fact that everything in 3.0 is accelerated, it's a safe bet that the hummingbird is more than adequate for a stellar 3.0 UX. While Tegra will do better for computationally intense tasks (eg. flash, or pure number crunching), the Tab should match it for forward facing UI rendering -- which is what people have a tendency to notice in the end.

I suppose we'll find out soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post: