Thread: A Better Camera
View Single Post
Posts: 343 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Paris, France
Thanks for your work

I have a sort of a problem but at least this is not too dramatic
I have reflashed the firmware of my N900. After that and reinstalling everything, I probably did something particular because when using the deb file of the 0.49 version, I see:
Code:
dpkg -i abettercamera_0.49.deb
(Reading database ... 53324 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace abettercamera 0.49-1 (using abettercamera_0.49.deb) ...
ERROR: Module bc_cat does not exist in /proc/modules
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
dpkg: ... it looks like that went OK.
Unpacking replacement abettercamera ...
Setting up abettercamera (0.49-1) ...
insmod: error inserting '/opt/abettercamera/bc_cat.ko': -1 Invalid module format
bccat device creation unsuccessful - will use slightly slower version of abettercamera
Checking for fcam drivers
No fcam drivers found
Installing bundled version of fcam drivers
Please read and acknowledge the important notice displayed on the N900's screen
I fear that I am not getting hw acceleration? But otherwise, the software seems to work which is good!
I can see someone else had posted the same issue here (@9000) but not sure that the solution has been posted or exists?
I did try with and without fcam-drivers installed. I did reboot several times. But I have no clue how to deal with that

Another problem is that I cannot reinstall from ovi because asking to pay again and not only ABC but also a whole list of software I paid (I could download only one).
But this is another problem and I contacted nokia support about that... hoping that a solution exists!

EDIT: I forgot to add that I cannot remove the application anymore. Because obviously that could have been a good idea to remove and then reinstall but nothing works : apt-get remove or apt-get purge.

Last edited by P@t; 2011-04-08 at 12:16.