View Single Post
I kind of killed my main N900 (MyDocs even disappeared completely). I think it happened because of running xmaxima's test suite with a low battery. Or maybe I just punished the filesystem too much the past few days installing and running many big programs in EasyDebian

I flashed (eMMC + Combined), and still this didn't solve the issue of the missing /dev/mmcblk01p1 (aka MyDocs).

TestDisk didn't help much. I started gparted from my Ubuntu computer, and it would segfault when I tried to mess with the FAT32 partition (resize, move, etc). I finally converted the partition to ext3, and it seems that ext3 is more tolerant to errors than FAT32 (not surprisingly). From that, I converted again to FAT32, and flashed again, and then I could see MyDocs. Not sure about the logic involved in this, but something just changed.

Since I screwed the N900 so badly, I figured it was a good chance to rebuild from scratch, so with the help of a Gparted Live USB key (my Ubuntu Gparted still was giving me problems) now I have this partition setup:

1. FAT32 (MyDocs) 8GB
2. ext3 (/home) 8GB
3. Extended partition
4. ext3 logical (7GB) (EasyDebian partition #1)
5. ext3 logical (7GB) (EasyDebian partition #2)
6. Linux swap (as stock, 768MB)

So now I have 8GB to install Maemo programs, and 2 big ext3 partitions for EasyDebian. Probably will keep in one a stable configuration, and use the other for testing.

I haven't tested yet that EasyDebian will work by copying an image to one of these partitions, but I don't see why not.