View Single Post
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by linuxrebel View Post
Because he does. No other reason needed. Actually for reading HTML based documents (like chm books) it is nice. But just because you nor I wouldn't do it, doesn't mean others won't. Heck a lot of people in here use Windows and I find that totally amazing.
Right. it was certainly intended as an innocent question, not trying to be rude. I thought perhaps I was missing something in my browsing.

@Zeusenergy - you mention the lack of a thumbboard in IT2008. You ARE aware that there is one, right? On a text field, if you press the center on the d-pad, you get a very friendly thumbboard. I have actually written entire blog posts on this, and once you learn it, you can get REALLY quick on it.

What sucks is that OS2007 it was incredibly easy to get this thumbboard. The OS easily recognized when you tapped with the stylus or your finger, and consistently gave you the appropriate keyboard. In OS2008, it's become MUCH harder to touch the screen and get the thumbboard. You actually have to physically THUMP the stupid thing.

I'm all for making the activated keyboard consistent, but it seems really backwards to me that if I touch the screen, I get a stylus board, whereas if I touch the hardware button, I get a touch-keyboard. Seems it should be the other way around, hardware for hardware, touch for touch.