Thread: [SailfishOS] WhoGo Maps
View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
I took both the Jolla 1 and the PhotonQ (the two phones on which the GL-related crash was found), for a few km walk with WhoGo Maps.

TL;DR : no more GL crashes, So WhoGo is compatible with all phones. But the memory could still be too low.

So, the configs are:
* Jolla 1 : freshly update to 2.1.4.14, with lastest WhoGo from openrepos and OSMScoutServer with latest maps for only one region of France
* PhotonQ : 2.1.3.7 from xda, and here also latest WhoGo/OSMScoutServer, with maps downloaded today. It is running nemo UI, but didn't seem to affect the outcome here.

I don't have anymore the mapbox-sfos test app we used last time (and you removed the repository) so I can't compare with this, but the "mapbox-gl-qml.qml" from October the 13th doesn't crash anymore.

Using WhoGo maps at home I could not crash them either. I then took them for a walk (about 1 hour), playing with one and the other successively, sometime routing to my correct destination, sometimes routing elsewhere to see how the live rerouting was working.

It worked quite correctly for the first half of the trip. Then I started to see some performances problems, probably related to memory usage.
Both had lipstick crash once and restart, but the app survived.
I had the OOM kill some app that were opened on the Jolla (one messanging app that I didn't close, and gPodder that I was listening to).
On the PhotonQ, at some point the app became unresponsive. I later found it closed.

I should have a 1h trip by car this week. I will try to use it to make some tests with a freshly rebooted Jolla1, and see if a "normal" usage of setting one route and following it correctly through a 100km leads to memory problems too or not.

Anyway, the original problem is solved, and WhoGo maps looks really good !
A big thank you to rinigus and otsaloma for this huge and great work !

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: