View Single Post
Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by StygiAn TrepidAtioN View Post
No, it isn't complicated, but it's a different method: Instructions there are with the use of Inception. As mentioned previously though, I have Coderus Aegis as opposed to Inception (which now seems obsolete); and I seek instructions to install "Status Bar Integration for Cyclotron" with Coderus aegis-install method.
If someone posts instructions for using aegis-install and posts it here or somewhere, I could integrate it into that webpage so other users can find it. I don't really have time to investigate what aegis-install is and how it works (it would probably only take an hour or two, but I'd rather spend that time answering questions on forums and maybe pushing forward some apps).

Reading http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90750, it might be enough to just skip step 7 and 8 of http://o.thp.io/tmp/cyclotron-statusbar/ and use "aegis-dpkg -i" instead of /usr/sbin/incept in steps 9, 10 and 11 - but I didn't test this, so don't blame me if it doesn't work / breaks your device / steals your cat. Make backups first, and make sure you have the necessary firmware and flasher files to make sure you can reflash and restore the backup.

Originally Posted by StygiAn TrepidAtioN View Post
Surely, the old timers might understand but if we could, as a community, be a little more amiable towards newbies that are actually trying to learn the nuances, N9 could get more love and attention.
That wasn't meant to be harsh. Just a quick / short reminder that installing Cyclotron if done wrong might require you to do a reflash, or that uninstaling it and reinstalling the stock packages might not be that easy. In other words, it's not made "easy to install" on purpose to not cause problems down the road. If I wanted to make this easy to install, I'd have to invest some more time to make it easy to uninstall and make installation easier (probably automating as much steps as possible).