View Single Post
Dear Rinigus,

Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Dear Olf, unfortunately, it is impossible to provide the old imports in the infrastructure that we have. I have not designed my scripts, nor distribution path, nor OSM Scout Server with that in mind. As a result, we can provide one set of maps and that set has to be imported in one go. There is a handling of switch over from one set to another, but nothing more fancy. So, to start mixing imports, some new development has to be undertaken.

In retrospect, maybe I should have looked further when implementing maps distribution and used some packaging format for it. However, again, that requires some serious time investment. Something I am not planning as a priority, when you look into long least of issues to resolve.
that is unfortunate (at the moment), but sure O.K.

Originally Posted by rinigus
Supporting old SFOS versions is not super easy due to changing names of dependencies, improvement of the tools (gcc and friends) and so on. [...]
The software aspects were not the point here; one has to deal with them, if on an older SFOS release.

Side note:
While I just stopped updating my Jolla 1 beyond SFOS 2.2.1, my "production" phone is at SFOS 3.2.1, because all newer releases (i.e., 3.3.0, 3.4.0, 4.0.1) exhibit flaws, which make them unsuitable for my production use.
But that is a quality assurance issue Jolla has, and nothing independent software developers should have to care about.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post: