View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
OK, so these are the hacks I am using to get this run since I had to reinstall

make /usr/bin/pebble (and chmod +x it afterward) pointing to maebble.cfg is bolded, this is the secret sauce for me.
Code:
#! /bin/sh
dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:"Starting Maebble Daemon w/Diagnostics ON for Pebble Watch"
osso-xterm -e "python /home/user/MyDocs/Maebble/maebbled.py --print_maemo --config_file /home/user/.config/maebble/maebble.cfg"
To get functional daylight savings or easy hack travel time zones on your Pebble watch; change these lines in settings.py in your maebble directory
Code:
def get_localtime():^M
    ts = 0^M
# uncomment the +23 line below (spring/daylight savings time in UCT +2 zone customize for your zone(ie: (utc +2 - 1hr = 1) (24-1=23))) & uncomment != 0:(fall standard time) line which will sync with GMT on your phone, set + number for correct local time vs UCT(zulu/GMT time).^M
    if time.daylight != 0:^M
    #if time.daylight > +23:^M
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.altzone^M
    else:^M
        ts = int(time.time()) - time.timezone^M
    return ts^M
and the hildon desktop so you get an icon(requires openwatch for the icon) /home/user/.local/share/applications/hildon/pebble.desktop

Code:
[Desktop Entry]
Version=1.0
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=pebble
Icon=/opt/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/hildon/openwatch.png
Exec=/usr/bin/pebble
Type=Application
Since I have control of the Maebble garage page I will have to make time to put these there as well as the v0.91 from proprog's dropbox.

If you see a better way to do any of this let me know.
this works for me but I would actually prefer to have it load the daemon at boot or when it sees the watch on BT, I don't imagine it is any worse than the bloat of any other watcher daemons running, what would the best/most standard Maemo way to make this happen?

Last edited by biketool; 2018-12-17 at 15:02.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: