Thread: [Fremantle Maemo5] Share your code
View Single Post
Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi All!

I made some improvements again and hopefully you will find these useful.

So, I was thinking about protecting the financial data and of course the protection of the database appeared to be the best idea.
For this purpose I found that sqlcipher would do the trick, it has a python binding and would not have to use encryption-decryption on the fly as sqlcipher uses "pragma key".
I dropped the previous password protection method as user have to enter the key at startup of the application. The key does not stored anywhere (except the default key - "temporary_key" - when creating new database at first time running the app) in the app it "appears" only when running the app and it asks for it directly so I did not even use hashlib as I think it is not necesseary.

The "main" (?) sqlcipher I found on github did not work on arm, so I searched and found a version for Android which I used to build my own with checkinstall. The installation won't overwrite sqlite3 it just creates sqlite3 executable in /usr/local/bin and that comes default.

For pysqlcipher I used version 2.6.3; this will be "installed" as well.

From now on you can find this on GitHub.

jm

Last edited by justmemory; 2018-01-03 at 22:22. Reason: Corrected information about sqlite3 and added GitHub link instead of google drive.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post: