View Single Post
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
if I have understood correctly, it is also more complicated to port apps for Sailfish than for Maemo or some "typical" Linux distro and thus many apps and features are not so easily achieved.
Yes, and this is at least partly because parts of Sailfish are not (yet) open source, and need input from overworked Jolla devs to integrate new features properly. I'm guessing that this won't be a problem with the Librem phone.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
Puri.sm is a privacy focused company and People here talks about Facebook and whatsup integration seriously that is /facepalm

If you buy librem-5 for Facebook or similar crap you should probably rethink....
I agree with the sentiment, but there are a lot of deficiencies in Sailfish OS with support for open-source and/or privacy-respecting apps/services too. Try getting a fully-functioning Matrix app for Sailfish: there are problems or deficiencies with all of the currently available clients for Sailfish users. I don't think that that will be a problem with anything that Purism put out

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post: