View Single Post
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Too late for using it for anything serious. I always wanted one when I was a teenager but they were out of my reach. So I became a collector in my old age, to fulfil my teenage dreams I don't use them, just bask in their awesomeness
I longed for one of those back in the day, too. IIRC, in the US, Radio Shack sold several models of Sharp Pocket Computer under their own brand name. The probably did that in other markets, too.

I did have a TI-66 (outsourced by TI to Toshiba) which was technically my Dad's. He didn't really need the programmability, so his daily driver was a more pocketable, non-programmable sharp scientific model. (I used it in school, the only programming I did on it was to track gas mileage in my car, which was 12-14 mpg. For those who use the SI, that's approximately 603 kilorods/hogshead.)

I think it might be kinda redundant to post my favorite Sharp(TM) device for competition, but I'll try to dig it out later for fun. It occurs to me I haven't seen any of their products in the US for quite a few years . . . pity.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post: