View Single Post
Hey -

I have a Verizon 700p; just picked up an N800 and love it, but am trying to get the DUN problem solved. I do not have PDAnet or USBmodem but will certainly consider getting one of those if it's relatively certain that it would solve the problem. I'm a Linux guy too, but have one Winblows box I can use if necessary to get this installed (again, if I need it).

Anyway, I went through the procedure(s) on the first page. The version of the connectivity software I have on the N800 does list Verizon as an option, but it couldn't get out at all using that choice. I tried it using the "Sprint" option, then changing the settings as described earlier.

The results are variable. Sometimes I don't get a connection at all. Sometimes, the icon on the phone changes to a "computer" (and once, the phone tried to do a remote sync while I was doing this, and an error message came up saying that a DUN connection was in progress). However, I usually get a box with the message "Remote server error" on the N800. So, I think I'm close, but not there yet. I tried entering "<cell number>@vzw3g.com" as a username and "vzw" as a password, but that usually resulted in "Authentication failed" (or similar).

Any other ideas??

Thanks
Bob