View Single Post
Originally Posted by independent View Post
As previous posters have said, it's a unique opportunity. etc etc
As for price value for similar products on market, it's indeed in (upper) range of available offers. As for merit value, it's ridiculous - I've seen "brand new OMG whatsnot" N900's losing their USB port after 6 days of light usage, and, OTOH, battered ones having it super-strong without modifications, after almost 4 years of being (ab)used*. Same apply for digitizers, BTW.

iPhone's also cost much in market, which doesn't mean they're worth it, at least for certain target of tech-related people. I suspect that TMO ratio of people being tech-aware / marketing-tricks susceptible is quite high, which explains why such *ekhm* unique opportunity *ekhm* isn't sold, yet.

Summing it up - from practical point of view, I don't think it's worth half the money requested. Still, i'm pretty sure, that he will find buyer shortly, and even more, wish him too - if there is someone willing to sell, and someone willing to buy (without any scam involved), everything is all right and cheerish to me.

/Estel

*As for usb ports, I recommend reinforcing it via soldering method on first day, no matter if device is brand new fresh mint, or battered prototype
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: