View Single Post
Posts: 267 | Thanked: 408 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Austria
I chose the first option, even though I would go for the 1.5th option that is missing: It's awful, I'm NOT persevering and thus not buying - but I might change my mind once they choose to upload a version that:

• Doesn't take up to ten attempts before it installs any software. While it's "only" annoying with free software, I'm not going to risk the same with paid software - if I'm lucky, they'll just charge me for every attempt. Wouldn't be the first time I'd experience multiple instances of charging with my N900 *cough*cherry*cough*.

• Offers alternative payment options. I'm rather reluctant to give away my credit card number online, and much more so to a "beta" store that doesn't even manage to keep basic functionality working. No giving away sensitive data to potentially unsafe websites. Unless I AT LEAST get the chance to pay by Paypal my money's staying right here with me.

• Has a working country restriction - or gets rid of it altogether. I never understood the esoteric legal reasons behind limiting ones own market, but other than that I can see both the benefit of local applications (someone from NY is probably not going to need a pub planner for Vienna - though a way to still get it for a trip to Vienna would be nice) and providing different versions of the same application based on the buyer's location, so I can live with it. I can NOT live with being "recommended" an application just to then be told that "Whoops, wrong country. No app for your".

• Is more or less bug-free. I don't care whether other companies' stores are even worse. What's with that "Checking the colour of the grass on the other side" mentality? I don't care whether the grass over there is greener or not, all that I'm interested in is the grass that I'm fed - and the Android grass being dried up straw doesn't make the yellow Nokia grass taste any better, right...?

As soon as all of those apply, I'll shop like crazy (Zeeeeeeeen Bound! ), but until at least the first two are fixed, it's a definite no-go for me.