View Single Post
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Estonia
Hi,

My longest uptime of N9 in heavy daily use has never been longer than a few days. There are two reasons for 95% of reboots:

Reason 1: battery running empty.

This is the known issue of suddenly dropping from 44% to 4% and mostly happens to me in two cases:

Case 1.1: driving with Waze+GPS+screen constantly on+active bluetooth connection to car audio. I'm also using a car charger CellularLine roller which does not have the "insufficient power" issue, but the net effect of charging and heavily using power at the same time is still that battery gets slightly emptier over time. So it has ran out while the charger is actually connected. This happens when battery was already near empty before. So i created a low battery profile in Profilematic that kills navi and music apps when battery becomes less than 10%.

Case 1.2: Longer training session (several hours of biking, running, adventure sports) with MeeRun+GPS+active bluetooth connection to HR belt. I'm thinking of buying an external battery pack for that, such as PowerMonkey Discovery. Does anyone have experience if that or some other particular model works or does not work with N9?

Reason 2: GPS hangs.

This happens to me about a couple of times a month or so, when i start any app that uses GPS. The GPS status indicator is blinking, app does not get GPS info, and the indicator remains blinking after that until i reboot. Toggling flight mode does not help. The Settings -> Device -> GPS and Positioning menu content also does not respond in this case. Does anyone know of some other trick or command-line command to recover from hanging GPS without reboot?

Sorry for long story and little off-topic..

Edit: yes Powermonkey seems to work with N9.

k6ps

Last edited by k6ps; 2014-03-25 at 09:04.