View Single Post
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by volt View Post
*snicker*

You know, I look at the NOK long term stock price, and I can't help but to read the graph with a little bit of humor.

When Elop left Nokia, the stock price went from liek $2 to $8. Clearly that's because a phone giant with no phones to sell is four times better than one where Elop is in charge.

Edit: Well, at least it doubled. The two dollar low was honestly a year back before that.
How's that stock looking these days? I hear Microsoft is selling the last remnants of what it bought from Nokia. Well, there goes the final remnants of Nokia's old phone business after Stephen Elop performed an expert job of driving that company into the ground for Microsoft (his old employer) to buy it up cheap, only to eventually figure out he did far too good a job of devaluing it right into the ground. I dub this the final act of what I like to call the "Elop Flop."
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR